Normally, i am not keen on featuring any new WordPress themes release news particularly commercial themes except the professional one such as Brian Gardner Revolution theme. Small Potato at Wpdesigner today released a premium WordPress theme – Showcase. Here is my first impression and simple review about the first paid gallery showcase WordPress theme in the internet (Note: please correct me if i am wrong).
1. Flexible layout that allows 3 to 6 columns gallery layouts.
2. Mouse over hover menu that enables visitors easily rating or comment.
3. 5 default color schemes style are available, includes white, cherry cheesecake, dark, neutral and neutral blue.
4. Custom support via forum or email (mentioned at comment section by the author), anyway it is necessary.
5. Minimalism style.
1. Oops, where is the logo?
2. The sidebar is too simple and seems no style.
3. Too expensive, personally i don’t think it is a reasonable price (single domain license $70) for bulk sale.
4. No guarantee to free upgrade for exist customers in the future.
Anyway, is it the end day of website gallery showcase once the Showcase theme released? There are more than hundred of competitors in the field. How can you stand out among the crowd who currently have hundreds or thousands loyal readers? You should think about it before involve in the swamp.